How long does it take to upgrade the database?

How long does it take to upgrade the database?

by Paul Flahr -
Number of replies: 6

I am trying to upgrade from 2.02 to 2.2 and everything seems to have gone well, but I get this message when I go the /moodle/admin/index.php page:

Upgrading Moodle database from version 2.0.2+ (Build: 20110323) (2011032300) to 2.2.4 (Build: 20120706) (2011120504)

It has been like this for 2 hours and when i refreshed it, same thing.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Flahr

Re: How long does it take to upgrade the database?

by Jhon taylor -

Hi ,

It depends of the amount of user you have in the database , and also in the server where you have storage the database.

if you need more detail help , i can do it just send me a message and i try to help you as much as a can.

In reply to Paul Flahr

by Jhon taylor -

Hi ,

It depends of the amount of user you have in the database , and also in the server where you have storage the database.

if you need more detail help , i can do it just send me a message and i try to help you as much as a can.

In reply to Jhon taylor

by Paul Flahr -

Strange. Something is wrong with my firefox browser.  I tried a different computer with firefox and there was a dialog below the UPDATING DATABASE message that I had to click on.  The update was quick. 

Thanks for the replies...

In reply to Paul Flahr

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
If the font size was growing like that, it must have been progressing.
smile
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by E. L. Cooper -

I would bet it ws the lack of your continue button. I did a 1000 user database with 40 classes in about 10 minites.

In reply to Jhon taylor

by Guillermo Madero -

Wouldn't it be best to provide help in the forum itself? It sure would benefit more people.