unable to login to moodle.org for past few days

unable to login to moodle.org for past few days

by Rob Johnson -
Number of replies: 10

I had to create a 2nd moodle.org account to post this message.  I have had an account here on moodle.org since 2005.  My profile is here.  For the past few days, moodle.org works fine until I try to log in.  I then wait a minute or two and see the message below.

moodle error

I was getting forum posts via email, so I knew the site was working for others.  Since the account I created today works, there must be a problem with my other one.  I would appreciate any help getting this figured out.  I hope to go back to using my old account as soon as possible.

Rob

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rob Johnson

Re: unable to login to moodle.org for past few days

by Dan Poltawski -
Hi Rob,

We are aware that the site has been struggling over the past few days and we are currently investigating the availability problems in http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDLSITE-1915

Really sorry that you are experiencing these problems.

Dan
In reply to Dan Poltawski

by Rob Johnson -

Thank you Dan.  I appreciate the quick reply.  I have a lot of confidence in the Moodle team. smile

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Rob Johnson -

I was able to get my moodle.org account working again by using the forgot password feature.  After clicking the link in the email, everything worked fine.  This was just after seeing the "Internet must be having problems" message again.  If anyone else is unable to authenticate because of MDLSITE-1915, it is worth a try.

It is good to be back. smile

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Rob, and anyone else who has been unable to login to moodle.org in the past few days, you have my sympathy, since I was similarly affected!

I agree - it is good to be back. smile

As I commented in MDLSITE-1915, many thanks to Dan for his skilled investigative work.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Rob Johnson -

Hi Helen and Dan,

My normal account is again giving problems like it did in September.  I can get to the moodle.org log in page, but no further.  After I enter my username and password, The browser will spin for a short time, and then I see the "Something seems to be wrong with the Internet" message.  This just began this morning (Los Angeles time).

I would appreciate anything that can help me get back to being myself again. smile

Rob

In reply to Rob Johnson

Re: unable to login to moodle.org for past few days - MDLSITE-1915???

by Rob Johnson -

I searched Twitter for #moodle.org, and found Howard Miller tweeting he is having the same problem logging in to moodle.org.  I would appreciate some help please.  I would post a comment about MDLSITE-1915, but it is closed in the tracker.

Rob - (using a 2nd account)

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Rob Johnson -

If anyone sees this, my normal account is again working.  smile

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I can see itsmile This was/is the latest tracker incarnation: MDLSITE-2010

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Jhon taylor -

I am having the same problem no idea why is happening that