Copying Gradebook structure between courses

Copying Gradebook structure between courses

by Travis Thielmann -
Number of replies: 7

Hi, I"m using Moodle 2.2.3+ and I created a nice gradebook structure in one of my courses, and I'd like to have it copied over to all the other ones. However, all courses already have students and need to retain them. They also all have 2 assignments, but they are the same assignments in every course.
Is there a way to do this quickly and easily rather than recreating it in every course?

In reply to Travis Thielmann

Re: Copying Gradebook structure between courses

by Bob Puffer -

I'd try a couple of things I know have worked in the past:

• Place a resource in the source course, go to the target course do an import from the course, importing everything
  • OR... backup the source course INCLUDING THE GRADE HISTORIES and restore it to the target course INCLUDING THE GRADE HISTORIES (even if there are none)
In reply to Bob Puffer

by Travis Thielmann -

Will that not overwrite the current students or information?

by Travis Thielmann -

That seemed to work, the importing with an assignment. Thanks!

by Travis Thielmann -

Is there any reason that the structure may not import to some courses? I've got a course that seems to not import the structure only the assignment itself. Wondering if there is a grades setting that would block that.

by Bob Puffer -

I've never seen it fail when you include grade histories.

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Rick Foster -

I have been looking around in the Gradebook aspect and have gone through both the Settings and the Preferences tabs.  I can not find any mention of including histories.  Am I just missing it?

In reply to Rick Foster

by Bob Puffer -

Including grade histories occurs at the time of the backup.  It is off by default but for some reason it triggers the gradebook architecture to get copied into the backup.