Whose bright idea...

Whose bright idea...

by Lisa Walker -
Number of replies: 3

I'm an instructor and department head at a private college and have been using Moodle for three years now. We recently upgraded to a newer version, and this is our second semester using it. I would like to know whose bright idea it was to require you to save each question's value when creating a quiz? This takes forever! I'm trying to create a 50 question quiz with matching questions that have different values, and it's very frustrating! 

Whew! Thanks for letting me vent! smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Lisa Walker

Re: Whose bright idea...

by Mark Hardwick -

Lisa,

I'm no moodle expert but I'm not sure how else it would know how to grade the quiz.  I'm glad that points are not set at the question level because it would limit the use of the question and design of the quiz.

We don't have the fastest internet speed here, so I know this can take a while to set the points between upload and download.  One way I've made it better is to get as many questions as you can on your screen by using control -  and then set the points on every question on the page (without clicking save).  Then quickly click save on as many as you can before it uploads.  You can usually get the whole page or at least 5 or 6 in one shot.

Believe me, we've all had our frustrating moments.  Hope this helps.

Mark

In reply to Mark Hardwick

by Lisa Walker -

Thanks, Mark. 

In the previous version of Moodle that we were using, you could set the value for each question, then just click the one Save button at the bottom and it would save all of the values at one time, instead of having to do each one separately. That was awesome, but this new version is just a pain! 

But I will try what you suggest by trying to click on as many as I can before it uploads. Maybe that'll help a bit. smile

Lisa

In reply to Lisa Walker

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Let us avoid attributing blame. I will, however, agree with you that it is very frustrating and stupid. At the moment, all you can do is vote for MDL-17453.