2.3 Repository plug-in searching issues

2.3 Repository plug-in searching issues

by Akinsaya Delamarre -
Number of replies: 0

Hello,

I'm updating my repository plug-in for Moodle 2.3 and noticed some changes in the way the searching is rendered/used.

1. Pre 2.3 Moodle when when a repository plug-in set the 'nosearch' key to true, you could create a custom search form and the filepicker.js would render a submit and cancel button for you.  However in 2.3 filepicker.js doesn't render either of these buttons, and pressing enter doesn't execute anything either.  Is this be design or is there something that I'm missing?  The first screen shot is Moodle 2.2.  The second screen shot is Moodle 2.3.

Pre Moodle 2.3 file picker repository search

2.3 Moodle file picker repository search

2. Again in pre 2.3 Moodle when setting the 'nosearch' key to true, the filepicker.js would display a 'Search' link in the navbar that would open a popup window, with the search form in it.  However in 2.3 the search form is displayed as is in the navbar.  This is a problem if the search form you define has multiple elements.  See screnshot of Moodle 2.3 filepicker above.  Is there a way to display a link to open a popup similar to Moodle 2.2?  If not then I'll have to try a way to display a div that expands to display the form.

Average of ratings: -