Questionnaire module in 1.9.18

Questionnaire module in 1.9.18

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Long shot I know but I thought I would ask.... my school's Moodle is externally hosted -we were upgraded in summer to 1.9.18 and have just discovered that all instances of the questionnaire module give a blank page and if we try to add the questionnaire, we get a blank page. I checked and the questionnaire is enabled and it is the latest version for 1.9 in the plugins database - albeit from 2008. Are there any known issues with it and later versions of 1.9? We have reported it to our hosts this afternoon but I'm just impatient to troubleshoot. Might it be something in the upgrade as opposed to the module itself not working? I am unable to turn on debugging as we are restricted from doing that. (And we are being upgraded to 2.3 aroun Christmas so there is no need to point that out thankssmile)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Questionnaire module in 1.9.18

by Bob Puffer -

The latest version of the questionnaire module runs very well on my 1.9.18.  My version shows as 2008060405 which is pretty much misnumbered as there's been SO MUCH changes in the last couple years.  Can they give you a debug screen?

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Cool thanks - investigated further and it might be a php typo so hopefully it can be fixed without major trauma. My main concern was that the questionnaire module didn't work with 1.9 .18 but you have allayed that fear.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Mary,

"I am unable to turn on debugging as we are restricted from doing that."

Tough luck!

"investigated further and it might be a php typo"

What do you mean by "a php typo"?

Anyway, I see no reason why Questionnaire should not work on your Moodle 1.9.18 site.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Mary Cooch -

Hi Joseph. We are part of a 700+ schools who are centrally managed and I suspect we aren't allowed to turn on debugging because of load/performance issues. No  idea what php typo means - (well, other than an error in the bulk upgrading script) but it was suggested to me and is being looked into. Yes- I have heard it does work on 1.9.18 so the issue is not with the questionnaire but with the move to 1.9.18 I suspect.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Who Am I -

changing

require_once('locallib.php');

to

require_once($CFG->dirroot.'/mod/questionnaire/locallib.php');

in file lib.php of this mod fixes the problem