Problem with restoring link

Problem with restoring link

by abbas Foroutan -
Number of replies: 3

Hi!

When I restore a course, everything is Ok but only the weblink has been changed with special charachters for example:

http://dln.ir/mdl/mod/lesson/$@RESOURCEVIEWBYID*140@$

Is there any setting to solve the problem?

Abbas

Average of ratings: -
In reply to abbas Foroutan

Re: Problem with restoring link

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Abbas,

I suppose that you have some link in your lesson activity pointing to one resource, is that correct? If so, I'm working on it just now!

I'll keep you informed.

Ciao smile
In reply to abbas Foroutan

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Abbas,

it's now supported in Moodle 1.4.4+ and Moodle 1.5dev. You will have to wait until the next daily built to be ready (24 hours from now).

Now manually created links from lesson pages to resources are correctly handled by backup/restore.

Ciao smile

PS: Anyway, if you use to make a lot of manual links of that type (between activities), I can suggest you to use the "Activities Linking" filter. Simply, enable it from "Administration/Filters" and, automatically, every time you write the name of any activity in your course it will become linked! cool Easier to write (you don't have to write long URLs) and fully "transportable" between servers.
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by abbas Foroutan -

Hi Eloy,

Thank you for your help. You got exactly my problem.  I will restore the course again with new version of    Moodle.

Abbas