New Gradebook 'Marking' Report

New Gradebook 'Marking' Report

by Ian Wild -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi all,

I've been working with colleagues here at Queen Mary, University of London (QMUL) on ideas to support both the college's double marking and anonymous marking policy, and to explore the possibility of supporting absence monitoring using the Moodle gradebook.

As part of this exercise I have put together a 'Marking Report' plug-in for the gradebook. You can see a demonstration of it here. There are four user accounts you can use to take a look at this new report:

• teacher1, teacher1
  • marker1, marker1
  • marker2, marker2
  • student1, student1

Please feel free to log in and take a look. You'll see from the code, attached, that there isn't much new here: this report is put together from the Grader report and, for the grade audit history, takes most of the code from the OU's Ad-hoc database queries report... I hope this is okay smile.

The attached zip file contains instructions on how to install the report - including the required theme modifications. If there is anything in there that doesn't make sense or doesn't work then please do let me know.

Thanks everybody and regards,

Ian.

In reply to Ian Wild

Re: New Gradebook 'Marking' Report

by Bob Puffer -

I like this in that it doesn't seem very intrusive.  What I would also like to see is merely a pop-up when floating over the grade with a list that indicates:

1. date of mark
  2. mark
  3. marker

Most of our needs are fairly informal, i.e., just wanting to know how this grade got changed.

p.s. we use the LAE Grader so we don't otherwise use pop-ups so these pop-ups would not conflict.

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Ian Wild -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your message.

This post is also to let everyone know that the code and details of this report are now on github here:

https://github.com/iandavidwild/moodle-gradebook-marking-report

Regards,

Ian.

In reply to Ian Wild

by Leonard Houx -

Hi Ian It's brilliant to see that there is some hope that UK universities can double mark in Moodle.

That said, I am having trouble understanding how the plugin works. I did not see that there were separate fields for the first and second marker. Do you track the first and second marking through the 'grade audit history' tool? And how do you keep the student from seeing the first mark?