Font Size=5 ???

Font Size=5 ???

by Guido Stadelmann -
Number of replies: 3
Hi Moodlers!

Am i here in the right forum??
Sorry for this maybe very creazy question:

I have selected the "Show list of courses" on the front page of moodle. The Headlines of the courses are always packed in a tag .... I sarched now for more then about 1 hour to find that littel part in the code. No luck sad

Where can i change the size of the coursheaders on the frontpage? I don't want to to that in the settings formular!

Schischi
Cologne - Germany
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Guido Stadelmann

Re: Font Size=5 ???

by John Gone -
GOTO: your Moodle -> themes -> your chosen theme -> styles.php

• Make a copy of styles.php and put somewhere safe for later reference or retrieval
  • Experiment on this file while taking notes at various stages so you will be able to fine tune
  • Check your Moodle frequently to view results of ongoing experiment
  • This is a trial & error process so remember to have fun while conducting this experiment!
  • CAUTION: This activity can be Highly Addictive
  • Your mileage may vary
In reply to John Gone

by Guido Stadelmann -

Hi John!

Tx for your tips. I'm still working that way.

But in some code parts i got no luck at all. Moodle 1.0.9 not strikly partet content from design (CSS). Often i got FONT-TAGS after a CSS class is called. So i got no chance to edit the design for this part. So i aks my self, where do that font tags come from? Surly i know there are "based" Font tags in the php Files at many point. sad

Or did i tottaly missunderstood moodle in this way.

This code for example, is generatet by my moodle 1.0.9:

...<td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" class="generalboxcontent">
<TABLE WIDTH=100%>
<TR VALIGN=top>
<TD VALIGN=top WIDTH=50%>
<P>
<FONT SIZE=5>
<B>
<A TITLE="Hier klicken, um den Kurs zu betreten" HREF="
http://www.#########.de/e-workshop/course/view.php?id=2"> Schreiben im Beruf</A>
</B>
</FONT>
</P>...

You see there is no class around my Course Headline but the Font Size=5 and the <b> tag. Am i right when i say, this can't chanced trough the styles.php? But who generatet this code? And how to change?

What about a little disussion about "stricly parting content and design" by a "real" CSS File. Seems to me Moodle does not. Or does this still work in 1.1.0?

Schischi
Cologne-Germany

P.S. Sorry for my bad english. ;)

In reply to Guido Stadelmann

by John Gone -
Hi Guido,
Sorry, I can't point you to the exact piece of code you're looking for. I think you should put up a test Moodle on a server and start hacking your style sheet up. Put comments next to the changes directly in the styles.php for reference. I don't know too much about this, I just butcher the existing code. Sometimes I get liver but occasionally I get a nice steak for my trouble. I always practice on a copy, of course, and frequently end up back where I started. In fact I think I'll put up a new test site and see what I can find right now.

Could you get the latest version, Moodle 1.1, and then we'll both be on the same page.

john captain
The code butcher. Maybe, just maybe, if I practice lots and take plenty of notes, and study a little, and eat all my vegetables, and never, ever, open e-mail attachments, then maybe, someday, I could be a surgeon instead of a butcher, hmmmm, maybe...big grin