can I export grades from a 1.9 intsall and import into a 2.3 upgrade

can I export grades from a 1.9 intsall and import into a 2.3 upgrade

by Billy Zwiener -
Number of replies: 0

I'm just wondering in theory is it possible to export the gradebook in a 1.9x install and inport it into a 2.3 upgrade. Yes, I have tried numerous times and there is always an error so I'm wondering if it's possible. I exported the file in every option available and tried importing them in every option available. The problem seems to arise right at the start when it doesn't find the first user. By defualt it searches for first name, so I change this to email and to match to useremail but it still gets caught up on the first entry. I can see all the grades perfectly in the preview. It just won't import.

I am also wondering if I assigned user id numbers to my student list if that would help it match them appropriately (right now my students are enrolled in a very minimalist fashion as I don't have too many... fields used are more or the less the required, email, username, etc) and then move the gradebook because it had a more solid unique id number to match with?  Would this be worth my time because once again, I am questioning if the gradebook can be imported by my later install from the older one as I have had no success thus far.

Thanks for any help here.