php.ini improperly configured for mysql extensions

php.ini improperly configured for mysql extensions

by Dallas Ray Smetter -
Number of replies: 4
During the install, I get:
````````````````
PHP has not been properly configured with the MySQL extension so that it can communicate with MySQL. Please check your php.ini file or recompile PHP.
````````````````

What do I need to do to my php.ini file?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dallas Ray Smetter

Re: php.ini improperly configured for mysql extensions

by mark white -
I have the same problem. No answer yet but will keep looking.

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
No a moodle problem. Your PHP system does not have the drivers installed for MySql. Look for a package called php-mysql (or similar) or, if you compiled it yourself, check you build as MySql support is normally a default.

by Giannis Ladas -

Find php.ini file in your Windows folder (propably WINNT) and edit it with Notepad. Go to section "Dynamic Extensions", find the expression "extension=php_mysql.dll" and remove the leading semicollon ";".

Also check that the expression extension_dir in section Paths and Directories points in the ext folder of PHP ( propably  extension_dir ="C:/PHP/ext")

In reply to Giannis Ladas

by Griff Jon -
I have this problem (debian server); but my PHP is definitely enabled for MySQL access (wiki is using it already!), and I've made the old_password modification to my moodle user

PHP Version 4.3.10-9
'--with-mysql=shared,/usr'

mysql  Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.23, for pc-linux-gnu (i386)

I've created the table and user (via mysql command line, so I might've made a mistake) is there a better way to debug (this error seems to cover a lot of possible mistakes)