Enrolment problems after migration from 1.9.19+ to 2.2.4+ and then to 2.3.1+

Enrolment problems after migration from 1.9.19+ to 2.2.4+ and then to 2.3.1+

by Ishan Anders -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,
I migrate a full system. After the process ends, everything looks fine with one exception. The most users not enrolled in their 2.2.4+ courses but in 1.9.19 they are.

Some users are enrolled with the enrolement plugin "manual". The users are not enroled in 2.2.4+ were integrated by a script into the Moodle DB.

So, I think the problem is a wrong info or empty table in the Moodle DB, because no enrolement plugin is the correct one.

Which database information in theh 1.9.x DB is important during the process of migration for Moodle 2.2.4+?

Thanks for any hint or solution

Ishan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ishan Anders

Re: Enrolment problems after migration from 1.9.19+ to 2.2.4+ and then to 2.3.1+

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Ishan,

Which enrolment plugins did you use in Moodle 1.9? You're probably aware that all the enrolment code was completely rewritten for Moodle 2, so it's quite possible that problems occur when upgrading.

If you've not done so already, please try searching the Moodle Tracker for any reports of your problem. I am also going to move your post to the enrolment plugins forum where you're most likely to receive help.

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Enrolment problems after migration from 1.9.19+ to 2.2.4+ and then to 2.3.1+

by Gus Hagelberg -

I am also having a similar issue.

I upgraded from Moodle 1.9.18 to 2.2 and then to 2.3.1 and am having issues with teacher roles, ie teacher enrolments. Many courses do not have the same teachers in 2.3 as in 1.9.18. The courses seem to have otherwise been migrated properly.

Strangely enough the database tables seem to be correct. With the following sql query I get a list of all teachers and the corresponding courses in which they are enrolled (as teachers):

SELECT distinct c.id, c.fullname, u.username, u.firstname, u.lastname, u.id
FROM mdl_course as c, mdl_role_assignments AS ra, mdl_user AS u, mdl_context AS ct
WHERE c.id = ct.instanceid AND ra.roleid =3 AND ra.userid = u.id AND ct.id = ra.contextid;

In moodle, however, teachers are not always enrolled in the courses they were in 1.9.18. 

In reply to Helen Foster

by Gus Hagelberg -

Hi Helen,

You asked Ishan which enrolment plugins he used in Moodle 1.9. I was using "Internal Enrolment" in 1.9.18. The screen shot shows the settings.

In 2.3 the Enrolment Methods "Manuel Enrolments" and "Self Enrollment (Students)" are used.

Attachment internal enrolment.png
In reply to Gus Hagelberg

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Gus,

I guess you've figured out that internal enrolment in 1.9 has been replaced by manual and self-enrolment in 2.x.

If you've not done so already, please try searching the Moodle tracker for any reports of your problem. If you don't find anything, please create a new issue, providing as much detail as possible in order for developers to be able to investigate it.