Linking content pages (2.2.3)

Linking content pages (2.2.3)

napisao/la Mel Myers -
Broj odgovora: 6

Hi,

I'm experienced with coding, HTML and CSS, but very new to Moodle.

I'm trying to link a series of content pages. The 'click here to proceed' button appears OK on each page, but when I click on one I get taken to the end-of-lesson congrats page instead of to the next page.

When I set the pages up, using the the drop-down list on the Edit page, I get a list of 'jump to' options such as 'next page' or 'previous page' and the name of the current page - but the names of the pages I wish to link to don't appear, so I can't specify an absolute jump using the page name.

I'm stuck and would welcome some simple, practical advice.

Mel

PS I've browsed the FAQs and previous postings, but couldn't find this issue there. Please bear with me if this has already been answered, and I failed to find it.

Odgovor na Mel Myers

Re: Linking content pages (2.2.3)

napisao/la Joseph Rézeau -
Slika Core developers Slika Particularly helpful Moodlers Slika Plugin developers Slika Testers Slika Translators

Mel "... the names of the pages I wish to link to don't appear..." 

I've never seen this happen. Could you please post here a) the exact version of Moodle you are using and b) a copy of your Edit Lesson tab (in Expanded view mode).

Joseph

Odgovor na Joseph Rézeau

napisao/la Mel Myers -

Thanks for your prompt response Joseph.

The version I'm using is 2.2.3

The attached screen shot of the 'Add a content pag'e tab (NOT the Edit Lesson tab  - got that wrong) shows the drop down list (in the Content 1 box for instance) without any of the other content page names. So, I'm not able to select a specific page by name for the destination and also I arrive at the 'End of lesson' page when I do click on a 'next page' button.

Thanks

Mel

PS Have attached screen shot as word doc - didn't know how to paste it directly into attachment box

Odgovor na Mel Myers

Slika Core developers Slika Particularly helpful Moodlers Slika Plugin developers Slika Testers Slika Translators

@Mel,

This screenshot does not really help, it only confirms your original post.

I really need to see the Edit Lesson tab page, in Expanded view.

Joseph

Odgovor na Joseph Rézeau

napisao/la Mel Myers -

OK , Edit lesson tab in expanded view attached as a Word docx.

(Reason I sent previous screenshot was because, as that step came first, and didn't permit me to see other content pages, I thought that that's where the problem might originate.)

Mel

Odgovor na Mel Myers

Unfortunately your screenshot shows that your lesson seems to consist of only one page!

What I would really like to see is the Edit Lesson screen, expanded view, showing ALL (or at least more than ONE) your Lesson pages, as per attached.

Screenshot #1 : Edit screen of content page 01 (obviously, pages 02 and 03 must have been created before, otherwise they will not be able to be selected in the Jump dropdown list).

Screenshot #2 : Lesson Edit tab, expanded view, showing the 3 contents pages in my Lesson.

Odgovor na Joseph Rézeau

napisao/la Mel Myers -

Hi Joseph,

Have sorted it out myself as you can see from attachment.

Recognised I had a problem, but because I'm unfamiliar with Moodle, didn't know what sort of problem it was.

Finally realised that, while I thought I'd created linked pages in a lesson, I'd actually made a series of single-page lessons none of which could link to each other. Then used the 'add a page' in edit panel to embed the pages within the lesson.