Adding manual comments in Gradebook

Adding manual comments in Gradebook

by Gabriel Oreggioni -
Number of replies: 5

Hi all,

Is it possible for teachers to add manual comments in the gradebook to the different items? That is, I want to know if it is possible to add coments in different parts of the grade book to comment the results of the different tasks, so as to at a user level:

a) To make manual comments to grade categories

b) To make manual comments to the results of a quiz

c) To make manual comments to specific questions (not essay questions) of a quiz

d) ...

Thank you all in advance!

GABRIEL OREGGIONI

In reply to Gabriel Oreggioni

Re: Adding manual comments in Gradebook

by Daniela Toda -

To add a comment to the student's answers you open the student's attempts, at the same box you grade the question you can add a comment to that question.

The only problem is that I couldn't make the students being able to see the teacher's comment. Do you know how to do that?

In reply to Daniela Toda

by Gabriel Oreggioni -

Yes, you can add manual comments to each answer, but I can't see how to add manual comments (manual feddback) to the whole quizz and make it visible to the student:

grades

The fact that you can add manual commnents to each question could be useful, but like you, I can see how to make visible the comments...

In reply to Gabriel Oreggioni

by Bob Puffer -

You can either enable 'Quick Feedback' for your grader report (preferences) which I think is nominally worthless because the input box is so small or you can click on the edit icon next to each student's quiz grade in the grader report and enter comments there which will show up in their user report.

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Sam Mudle -

I think is nominally worthless

Well, it could be used to paste in comments.  My problem is that enabling this for a large gradebook could choke the server.  I think the best practice will still be to drill into the assignment and assign quick feeedback via the textboxes.

In reply to Sam Mudle

by Bob Puffer -

Unfortunately many teachers would want to paste in from MSWord or something and likely fill the field with garbage.  if you're using the core grader report you can limit the number of students per page so turning on quickfeedback won't be quite so choking.