We have used Moodle 2.0.2 to develop several courses on this spring. Every thing worked fine for these builds. Recently we wanted to change a video file by changing the url address from the edit the url screen, but the file picker comes up with the message 'Sorry, none of your current repositories can return external files." I have tried to read all the related discussions to using the file picker to get to the repositories but have not come up with a solution.
Even if I try to add a completely new resource "url", I get the same message. I have checked the default repository settings and the "server files," "recent files," "upload a file" settings are "enabled and visable" but they are not visible options on the file picker when I try to change an existing resource address or even try to build a new course.
Anyone have any ideas or help?
This is a URL we are talking about? ie add a resource>URL? Have you got external repositories such as Google docs and Flickr enabled in addition to the internal repositories you mention? Try enabling them too.
Thanks for your response.
Yes, I am refering to the add a resource url. I have used this feature to
make use of a series of mp4 lectures that I had uploaded on the host I am
using for my moodle courses. They are large mp4 files but they all went
smoothly into each of the modules I constructed. Only since coming back
after a couple of months of a summer vacation do I find myself locked out.
A student noticed that 2 files were duplicated, so I tried to change the
url address there to the correct video and got this message "Sorry, none of your current repositories can return external files" (this message is where the buttons for the enabled repositories are normally located on the left side of the file picker, instead of the normal choices I had seen on the file picker before.
I tried to add a new resource in other modules of this course with the same
results. Then I tried other courses on our site and found that I couldn't
get connected to any repositories --I get the same response as above. I did
enable and make visible google docs, as you suggested, but that didn't change anything.
Thanks for any other ideas you might have or find.