Major bug: Editing Assignment Grade removes previous feedback

Major bug: Editing Assignment Grade removes previous feedback

by Tescha Bailly -
Number of replies: 7

When you edit the assignment grade on 2.3.1, your previous feedback comments and files are removed.  This is a major problem and was not a problem in the previous versions.  Please tell me if anyone knows when this bug will be fixed, or if there is a solution.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tescha Bailly

Re: Major bug: Editing Assignment Grade removes previous feedback

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

are you sure you're running 2.3.1? - I saw something similar in an earlier 2.3 release

MDL-32781

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Tescha Bailly -

Yes, our IT guy said we have 2.3.1.  Are you saying that you have used 2.3.1 and it does not happen?     

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I'm saying that I saw a similar issue (bug linked above) but it was with an earlier 2.3.x release and is fixed afaik in 2.3.1 - if you're really running 2.3.1 your issue is possibly different.

if you're running something like 2.3 RC 1 not 2.3.1 - you might need to upgrade.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Tescha Bailly -

What I am asking, is if the problem of editing the grade and feedback causing the previous comment text and files to be completely cleared is fixed in the 2.3.1.  If you know that it has for sure, then perhaps our IT guys is mistaken and we really have 2.3 RC 1.  He said he read it was going to be fixed in 2.3.2 and is not fixed in 2.3.1

by Enrique Castro -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi:

I got a this bug in assign 2.3 for a while: when changing a grade for a previouslu graded submission the old feedback comment and files did not got loaded in the grading form. Thus, if saved, the submission comment and files would be overwritwen with blank values.

But now with Moodle actualized to 2.3.1+ (Build: 20120823) the problem is gone: grades with feedback comments and files can be edited repeatedly.

In reply to Enrique Castro

by Tescha Bailly -

Thank you so much.  I showed your messages to our IT guys and hopefully he will update to 2.3.1 +.  It is hard for him to understand what a big deal this is.