Engagement Analytics block/report available on plugins directory

Re: Engagement Analytics block/report available on plugins directory

by Mary O'Toole -
Number of replies: 2

Hi Philip,

Thanks for this useful plugin.  I'm using the traffic light system on the engagement analytics page- this is great.  But when I click into the View Course Report page- I get very confused.

There are 3 headings Asssessment Activity, Forum Activity and Login Activity.  I've uploaded a screengrab of one of the pages for your reference.

I'll take the first student's activity as an example -Assessment Activity 0% (0%), Forum activity 33 % (100%), Login 0% (0%).  What does the percentage in brackets mean?  If it is risk- is seems that it is the opposite to the first page- 33% activity on the forum gives you 100% risk?  Or is that what it means?

Also in this particular course, the lecturer has not started using the forum yet, so how does that come about?

Secondly, I am also using the Activity Completion page, which is also useful.  However, for the most part we've set the tickboxes so that students can tick them themselves.  This page is only a measure of students who have  actually ticked the boxes, right?  Is there any other handy report that measures who has completed what at this type of level?  

Many thanks,

Mary

Attachment Engagement Analytics explanation.PNG
In reply to Mary O'Toole

by Susan Mangan -

Is anyone using the EA plug-in for 2.8?  I don't see a release for anything over 2.7 and it doesn't look as though there has been any development on this plug in over the past year?

TIA

In reply to Susan Mangan

by Sali Kaceli -

We recently upgraded our Moodle system to 2.9.1 and this module will break  the installation and it was working fine in version 2.8.2+ for us.

What seems to happen is that if you update the module in 2.9.1, once you login, you will get a blank screen and that is it. No error message. Nothing. 

Fortunately, we had taken a snapshot of our virtualized install and were able to go back and rule out that it was this module. 

Any plans from the developers of the module to update it?