Which teacher/administrator has manually graded a quiz?

Which teacher/administrator has manually graded a quiz?

by Claire Feirn -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all,

We have a few quizes set up with essay type questions which require manual marking.  We use a number of 'teachers' to mark these questions, who at the moment have 'admin' access to the whole Moodle rather than being a 'teacher' on a specific course (this can be changed if it will help in the future).

Is there anyway I can find out which admin has graded which students?

Also - to throw in another level of complexity, quite often they require re-grading as the grade is very close to the pass mark, is there anyway to find out who has done the initial grading and who has done the re-grade?

I'm on Moodle 2.1.4

Any pointers gratefully received.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Claire Feirn

Re: Which teacher/administrator has manually graded a quiz?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The information is recorded in the database, and is available through the Moodle UI.

If you review a given student's attempt, then under each question there will be a 'History of responses' table. That should show who manually graded. Hmm. Does it acutally show who? If not, making it appear there is a small change.

Of course, accessing the quiz review for each student's attempt may not be very convenient.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Claire Feirn -

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I've looked in the table of responses and it doesn't display who has graded, if there is a way to show it there, that would be great!

It's really for governance purposes, I don't plan to go back through them all but I need to know it's recorded somewhere.

Will this also show if it has been regraded?  I'm not sure our Moodle is keeping track of when someone has been regraded, it used to show it in the Attempts page but when we did an upgrade it looks like it stopped.

Thanks again for the quick response.

Attachment response-history.jpg
In reply to Claire Feirn

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

OK, so it is not displayed, but it is stored in the same place as a lot of the rest of that data.

That table is displayed by the response_history method in question/engine/renderer.php. You could easily make that output $step->get_user_id() in addition to everything else.

Alternatively, it might be better to do that in the method summarise_manual_comment in question/behaviour/behaviourbase.php.

Anyway, the data is there.

Re-grades are not recorded in a similar way.

Of course, the other place where there should be a record of everything that is done is in the logs. However, I have a nasty feeling that neither manual grading nor regrades are logged properly. If anyone can confirm that, please file a bug in the Tracker.