MooTyper the typing instructor

Re: MooTyper the typing instructor

by AL Rachels -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

New MooTyper version 3.1.2 (Build 2016080700) was just added to MooTyper downloads. It has added some of the missing capabilities you normally expect Moodle activities to have. This release includes:

• Modified the title of the current exercise so that instead of just showing the exercise number, it shows, Exercise number of how many. e.g. The first exercise of Lesson 1 would be, Exercise 1 of 10.
  • Added a setting for Recent Activity and the code to make it work.
  • Added a setting for Password and the code to make it work. This change also included a new field in the mdl_mootyper database table for the setting. The field for password, though never used before, was already present in the table.
  • Added code to implement the use of Open time and Close time. The the database fields and settings have been there for a long time, just no code to implement their use.
  • Setting for Lesson export that allows you to automatically add the current GMT to exported filenames so that new exports will not inadvertently overwrite previous versions of a lesson.

I just realized that I did not make a post about changes implemented in version 3.1.1, so:

• Added color picker setting for passing grades in lessons.
  • Added color picker setting for failing grades in lessons.
  • Added color picker setting for suspicious grades.
  • Added color picker setting for keyboard background for new keyboard layouts.
    Does not affect old keyboard layout versions.
  • Added color picker setting for key tops of non-homerow keys for new keyboard layouts.
    Does not affect old keyboard layout versions.
  • Added a Default date format setting for how dates are displayed in the grade reports. The setting recognizes d, M, Y, G and i as well as comma and colon.