Giving professor the permission to turn quiz notifications off...

Giving professor the permission to turn quiz notifications off...

by Kevin Celebi -
Number of replies: 3

Hello all,

One of our instructors has had the infamous "quiz notifications going to everyone" problem.  I told him to go to the settings for the quiz to turn that setting off for course creators.  I've already turned it off for him.  However, on the permissions, I see:

Because I'm an admin, but he only sees:

Without the ability to add or delete any roles from the permissions ("x" and "+").

Furthermore, when I check his permissions, I see this under quiz:

So what's wrong?  Why isn't he able to turn that feature off?  Or is there a completely different and better way to do this?

Thank you much!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kevin Celebi

Re: Giving professor the permission to turn quiz notifications off...

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

As admin / manager, you will the moodle/role:override permission, so you can override anything.

a teacher probably only has moodle/role:safeoverride, which does not let them edit any capability with an associated risk. I am fairly sure mod/quiz:emailnotifysubmission is RISK_SPAM.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Mike Simurdiak -

My admin is having the same problem giving me access to change email permissions.  Are you saying that the only way to allow me to change the email permissions on my own course quizzes is to make me a manager or admin?  Thanks.

In reply to Mike Simurdiak

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I am not saying that.

I am saying that you need capabiltiy moodle/role:override, not just moodle/role:safeoverride, in your own course.

There are any number of ways you could be given that.