Moodle 1.9 and 2.3 IMS content package comparison and is it possible to have all the functionalities of 1.9 in 2.3?

Moodle 1.9 and 2.3 IMS content package comparison and is it possible to have all the functionalities of 1.9 in 2.3?

by yuki yuki -
Number of replies: 1
Will it be possible that sometime soon in 2.4 we will get these features like Moodle 1.9???
Please see the attachment kindly.
Attachment IMS-content-package.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to yuki yuki

Re: Moodle 1.9 and 2.3 IMS content package comparison and is it possible to have all the functionalities of 1.9 in 2.3?

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I'm not aware of anyone working on this and I can't see any open bugs in the tracker from people asking for the functionality. We did base the new SCORM player on the IMSCP player that Petr wrote but made quite a few changes to it.
It's possible some of the SCORM player code could be dropped on top of the imscp player but it would probably be a bit of work.

If you're willing to fund the work to add this back I'd suggest you contact a Moodle Partner asking for help, but in the meantime you should at the least create a bug in the Moodle Tracker asking for it to be added back - then post in the resource types forum asking for others interested in the IMS resource type to vote/comment on the bug.