How can I modify course format to add resources to section 0

How can I modify course format to add resources to section 0

by Irma Gamez -
Number of replies: 5

Hi. 

I´m working with moodle 1.9 and I need to add resources to section 0, just like this site   http://moodlecommons.org

What files do I need to edit?

Thank you.

(Edited by Mary Evans - original submission Monday, 20 August 2012, 10:04 PM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Irma Gamez

Re: How to add resources to section 0

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Checkout Front page FAQ you will find the answers there.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Click the turn editing on button and then two drop downs will appear - add a resource and add an activity. Choose what you want from there.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Irma Gamez -

I found the code for section 0 at \course\format\topics\format.php but I don´t know how to change the default forum that appears in that section.  Thank you.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Irma Gamez -

I´m sorry, I forgot to say that we create about 1,000 courses automatically. I need to add that resources at code level instead of modify the courses one by one.

In reply to Irma Gamez

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Irma,

This is a tough one, I tracked course creation down to the function 'create_course' in '/course/lib.php' but could not see how the news forum is added from there.  Need to keep looking smile

Cheers,

Gareth