Cannot see assignments after uploaded

Cannot see assignments after uploaded

by Evelyn Smith-Stahle -
Number of replies: 17

Hi, I'm still running Moodle 1.9.4 (Build: 20090128) and have had no problems till about a month ago.  In all assignments where students have to upload or write inline text, it shows the amount of assignments handed in, but when I go to grade them, not even the names of my students show up. Everything works fine until there is any uploading or writing of inline text.

Just about a month ago, I was training about 16 teachers in the use of Moodle, and assigned them all as teachers in one course. Could having 16 teachers in one course have done this?

How do I fix it??

I'm a one-teacher operation... and it's my own website. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Evelyn Smith-Stahle

Re: Cannot see assignments after uploaded

by Evelyn Smith-Stahle -

The actual text is NOTHING TO DISPLAY

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Are you saying that the assingnment not showing is in the course where you have assigned the 16 teachers as teachers? Beacause that will be why. Moodle doesn't automatically let teachers do assignments and show them in the gradebook (because it knows they are teachers and not students) You would either have to make them students or else in Site administration>Grades>General settings, tick the box "teacher" so they appear in the gradebook.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Evelyn Smith-Stahle -

Sorry I wasn't clear... blush

I taught the course with the 16 teachers in July and everything went well.

Afterwards, teaching a course with 22 students and one teaching assistant, I started having this problem. Assignments in which students upload a document or write inline text disappear!  I get the message saying there are so many assignments uploaded, but when I go to check I only get the alphabet at the top and no display. No list of students, nothing.
Offline assignments work fine, when I click on them I get the list of students.

by Paul Cook -

Hi Evelyn, this is a common problem with earlier versions of Moodle and you just need to drop some code into the Moodle programme to fix it. If you want any further help let me know paul@pcm2u.com Cheers PC

In reply to Paul Cook

by Carmen Garcia -

Could you tell me the code and where to load it? I am having the same problem.

Thanks.

In reply to Carmen Garcia

by Salifou DENE -

Hello,

( Excuse me because I speak english little)

I have give the anwser in french forum, the link is: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=209848

This is the process  to resolv your problem

1) Download this file "lib.php " in  \mod\assignment\

2) Edit "lib.php " with NotePad++ or other editor

3) Research this code  (in red color) and replace the the blue color code

COALESCE(SIGN(SIGN(s.timemarked) + SIGN(s.timemarked - s.timemodified)), 0) AS status ';

by

COALESCE(SIGN(CAST(s.timemarked as SIGNED) + SIGN(CAST(s.timemarked as SIGNED) - CAST(s.timemodified as SIGNED))), 0) AS status ';

4) Save your file ("lib.php ") and upload in the place on the server.

I things that my english can help you.big grin

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Salifou DENE

by P Cooke -

Hi Guys, the problem is when the ISP updates the Mysql database then all Moodles are losing the ability to view course data not good. It caught me out when I was on holiday and came back to a Moodle with nothing in it, scary....

Some people have tried the code fix but it can be tricky. Our IT Director has advised lots of people so far on how to actually get the code in to fix the problem. So don't panic it can be resolved. Cheers PCsmile

In reply to P Cooke

by Tim Patterson -

I cannot view assignments my students upload anymore.  Can someone tell me what has happened and how it can be fixed.

In reply to Tim Patterson

by Rafiq Muhammad -

Hi, Just to add another possiblilty.

I encountered the same problem and found the solution. I actually added  the same comment in https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-27312

Hope it helps

~~~~~~~~~~~

I just came into this problem recently and hope the solution that I used may help in this long pending issue.

I am using Moodle version 1.9.9 with Oracle 10g as the database.

The problem appeared when user view the submitted assignment and he clicks on the comment header field to sort the students by comment.

Apparently, the SQL statement that retrieves the list of student failed as a result of the CLOB data type for the comment field. Below is the error message when the SQL statment is executed.

ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected - got CLOB

The error occurs in the sort field when 'submissioncomment' field is included in the ORDER BY. I believe this only happens with oracle database.

The code can be found in mod/assignment/lib.php
The SQL statement occurs somewhere at line 1193 (may differ depending on the version). A search for the text '$table->get_sql_where()' will locate the sort statement which will be concatenated with the main SQL statement.

Fix: as it is impossible for me to change the database field type, I resorted to removing the 'submissioncomment' field from the sort statement.

Will it happen in 2.x version? I believe it is very likely.

Thanks
Rafiq

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Additional note: Since the fields for the sort criteria is stored in session, once you click on comment field, there is no way to display the list again until the session is being destroyed.

In reply to Salifou DENE

by Fabulous Phil -

I have the same problem and I have applied that change, however I still have the same problem?

Will it take time for the change to effect the live moodle site?

In reply to Salifou DENE

by First Name -
Worked fine for me although I was wondering at first why it wasn't working. I found out I had to enter the code in two different locations in the file. After I did this and reuploaded it, it worked:
All assignments are showing up again. 

Thank you very much for your support!!!

My Moodle Version: 1.9.7., Mysql Version 5.5.33, PHP version 5.4.28
In reply to Salifou DENE

by Bogdan Tudorica -

I am glad I found this,

Your idea worked like a charm (I replaced both occurrences of that code from the file you indicated).

I bow to you smile

In reply to Salifou DENE

by Rob Hochberg -

This is such a great solution! Saved my course. Thank you!

In reply to Carmen Garcia

by P Cooke -

Did you manager to fix the bug in Moodle? paul@pcm2u.com

by Tim Patterson -

Evelyn,

Have you yet received any resolution to this?  I am having the same problem of late?

Tim

In reply to Tim Patterson

by P Cooke -

Hi Tim it is a Mysql error no doubt your host has updated the database and not told you;)

Contact our developer Doug Miller at doug@pcm2u.com and he will fix it for you. Just a question of dropping some code into Moodle.

Cheers Paul

In reply to P Cooke

by Tim Patterson -

Paul,

I contacted my host.  There is nothing they have done to affect this problem.

Tim