Activity Idea - Badges attached to assessment performance

Activity Idea - Badges attached to assessment performance

by Hyle Daley -
Number of replies: 1

I wasn't sure where else to post this, but I was wondering if such a thing exists already and/or if anyone else would be interested in such a thing. 

I use a mix of Edmodo and Moodle in my classroom. Edmodo for the social aspect and Moodle for all my class content and progression. I am currently able to award badges in Edmodo manually, however, I think it would great if I could affix a badge to any Moodle assessment that receives a grade and it would automatically reward the badge onto their Moodle profile.

For instance, I would set a Moodle Quiz to award BADGE A to the student if he/she received a 95% on the test. 

The badge would just be a 50x50 pixel image which would bounce over to the student's profile upon meeting that requirement. 

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hyle Daley

Re: Activity Idea - Badges attached to assessment performance

by Matt Bury -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Hyle,

Interesting idea. I included an activity report page in the SWF Activity Module (http://code.google.com/p/swf-activity-module/) that gives a graphic display of grades, time spent, number of attempts, along with feedback comments and thumbnails of any saved images (e.g. from Concept Map and Avatar Camera apps). It's designed to give a quick and easy way for learners to check how they've been doing on SWF activities, see where they're doing well and where they should spend more time.

Setting up some kind of side block that generates reports on learners' quiz attempts and awards badges should be fairly simple and easy to do. Probably, the most time consuming part of it would be deciding on how you'd like it to look and behave.