Giving all users view rights for one course?

Giving all users view rights for one course?

by anne day -
Number of replies: 2

We have just upgraded to Moodle 2, we have a student internet home page which is a moodle course and everyone in school needs to see. In the old moodle you could go into assign roles on the individual course and set an override permission to allow all authenticated users to view the course. This permission doesn’t seem to have come across and no one can view the course unless they are enrolled.  We can’t make it guest access as there are links to copyright software which mustn’t be public.

How can this be achieved in Moodle 2?

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to anne day

Re: Giving all users view rights for one course?

by Francois Evans -

Hello Anne,

Have you considered setting this up as a Metacourse? In this way, all users signing up to one course are automatically enrolled on another. - This automatic enrollment can be used to 'force' enrolment on a particular course.

This thread may be helpful:

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=181297

In reply to anne day

Re: Giving all users view rights for one course?

by anne day -

Thanks for suggestions, I got pointed in the right direction by our support company, it is the same as in moodle 1.9  you just need to know where to look.

You need to go to Course Administration > Users> Permissions (actually click on permissions, don't use the drop down)

Use the "Advanced Role Override" drop down, and pick "Authenticated User".

You need to find this permission (I suggest searching for it, its a long way down).

View courses without participation

moodle/course:view

Change this to allow, and Save changes at the bottom.

Hope this helps.

It was the bit about just clicking on permissions not using the drop down which had thrown me.