Course backups that link to public questionnaires do not restore properly

Course backups that link to public questionnaires do not restore properly

by Susan Hepworth -
Number of replies: 1

We are using the questionnaire plugin to keep a record of survey results in one course. We created a course called Surveys that only includes public questionnaires for a number of other courses. This course is not accessible to students.

I can add the questionnaires successfully to other courses and the results are recorded in the public questionnaires. This seems to work well - as long as I manually add the questionnaire to each new course.

We have monthly sessions of courses, so we keep a backup of each course and restore this course to create new sessions each month. If I create a backup of a course that includes a link to the public questionnaire, when I restore this course to a new session, the questionnaire in the restored course does not link to the public questionnaire. Instead, it creates a new public questionnaire in the restored course.

How can we get the questionnaires in backup courses to restore as links to public questionnaires rather than as new public questionnaires?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Susan Hepworth

Re: Course backups that link to public questionnaires do not restore properly

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Susan,

I'm afraid that is a well-known bug of Questionnaire, which never was and never will be fixed. The way that public questionnaires work was somewhat not rightly coded from the start (years ago).sad

Joseph