need to print out variables from within Course Settings Summary

need to print out variables from within Course Settings Summary

by louis jordan Mr -
Number of replies: 2
How can moodle be hacked so that one can enter moodle variables such as course->id  and course->user into the text of the Course Settings Summary.

I've been brainstorming this one for a while & havent found a solution.

I need to create a link to http://www.moodlesite.com/user/edit.php?id=X&course=Y
where X is the course->id
and     Y is the coure ->user

I've tried directly editing the mysql insert using phpmyadmin, but php doesnt change <?PHP echo"$course->id";?> to the value, but instead just prints out "<?PHP echo"$course->id;?> in the source code.

I cannot think of a way around this, and I need to find a way to link this.  I know it seems like a trivial thing, but its a feature that is very necissary to the site's usability.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Possible ideas, of which I'm not very familiar w/ are using moodlesession, or hacking the enroll.php course summary page to send the variables to every page that is linked from it (how?), linking to a page that will somehow get the variables from the moodlesession and redirect the user to the apropriate page w/ the variables in the url. 

Are any of these possible?  thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to louis jordan Mr

Re: need to print out variables from within Course Settings Summary

by louis jordan Mr -
problem solved.  thanks anyways.
In reply to louis jordan Mr

Re: need to print out variables from within Course Settings Summary

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
How did you solve it?  

I would have solved it with a new Filter.