Should quiz module "attempts" block students who have previously taken a course from re-enroling later?

Re: Should quiz module "attempts" block students who have previously taken a course from re-enroling later?

by Ray Morris -
Number of replies: 0

My head is already spinning just thinking about all the possibilities.

Are the two options they are already have not enough?  I see two possibilities to allow an instructor, the ones that already work for other modules - resume, or start anew. Those are the possiblities that are shown now, termed "import old grades?"

If the instructor chooses not to import the old information, I don't know that they need to be prompted at that point to delete all records of the previous attempt.  I'd say deleting historical records is a completely seperate operation from enroling a student.  That is, if they want to add an enrolment, that's one operation.  If they want to delete the records of some other enrolment, they can do that seperately.

Am I missing some new option that Quiz needs which isn't used elsewhere, such as gradebook?

If so, must any of those new options be implemented before Quiz can be adjusted to work with the existing choice that people are already using  (import old or not)?   Eventually a grand redesign would be good, but must it be done prior to allowing the existing option to behave as expected?