First step i tried was to save the file attforblock/lang/de/attforblock.php in utf-8 coding, which did not help.
Next try, i deleted the directory attforblock/lang/de, which also did not help.
Then i deletet all the directorie within attfoblock/lang except en and en_us, which also did not help.
Delete of us_en did not help, delete of en coused the error "Missing mandatory en language pack.".
Then, I saved the file attforblock/lang/en/attforblock.php in utf-8 coding and saved it on my server, without the lang/en/help directory, but this error occured:
- line 397 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_write_exception thrown
- line 973 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
- line 1015 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record_raw()
- line 44 of /mod/attforblock/db/install.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record()
- line 518 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to xmldb_attforblock_install()
- line 271 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins_modules()
- line 1437 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins()
- line 269 of /admin/index.php: call to upgrade_noncore()
So from my point of view this error is not dependend from a language file. But i will continue to try.
Now i changed ä to ae, ü to ue, ö to oe and ß to ss within the german language file. But also this did not help.