How to remove Teacher name from front page

How to remove Teacher name from front page

by Michael Stapleton -
Number of replies: 4

Version 2.2 - I have looked everywhere but can not find way to not show Teacher's name on the site front page. Other postings say it should be in Site Admin>Appearance> but I find nothing in there that I can turn on or off???

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Stapleton

Re: How to remove Teacher name from front page

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Settings>Site Administration>Appearance>Course contacts

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Michael Stapleton -

I had seen that same answer in multiple forum posts but no luck. Once I saw the reply to this post was from you, Mary, I knew for sure it was the right answer. So I went back to Settings>>Site Admin>>Appearance and looked at the drop down. The words "Course contacts" were not in the list. But, then I noticed two words that were in the list just below "Default Profile Page" and those words were unique to our course, "Training Phases". Sure enough I clicked on those two words and there were the boxes to turn on/off who shows on the Front Page. I clicked off Teacher and all is fine.

Somehow, somewhere I must have previously changed the words Course contacts to Training Phases but not sure where. Maybe in Language? but went back there and could not find any changes??

Not too worried about it since we no longer see the Teacher name on front page but if you might know where I could have modified those two words??? I do not write PHP or fool with code other than those that can be accessed directly from the moodle site settings list. ??

Thanks for your help

Mike

In reply to Michael Stapleton

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Michael and thanks for your kind wordssmile Go to Settings>Site administration>Language>language customisation and select admin.php and then type in coursecontact in the string identifier. It should bring up the box where you can change Course contacts and presumably it was changed to Training Phases (which is actually completely out of contextmixed)

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ian Antonio Patterson -

Thanks for this =) I searched for it all day lokg and my head was about to explode.

The breadcrumbs look more like this now though

Settings>Site Administration>Appearance>Courses >>