I have been reading, but I didn't find an answer. There is no settings block I have read in 1.9. I deleted the attempts, but how can I now edit the questions in the quiz itself?
Thanks. I didn't see anything in there. I found a few people with the same problem in search, but no answer. Is this option not available in 1.9? Seems like all I can do is add a question or delete a question, but not edit after someone has made an attempt.
I deleted the attempts, but still not.
Anybody? This seems extremely tedious to have to write questions and answers again. I can't see anyway of editing this.
Hi Ian. My understanding is that if you delete all the attempts then you should be able to edit quiz questions within a quiz - I will check on a 1.9 and get back to you.
Actually I realized even that wouldn't work becuase I can't edit or reorder the questions, so deleting and retyping the question and answers won't work.
There has got to be a way to edit this. This doesn't make sense. Help please.
I will get back shortly - afaik you can reorder questions in a quiz and edit them as long as you don't have any attempts recorded.
I think you are probably a Non-Editing teacher in the course and that is why you do not see a way to edit the questions. Admins and teachers with editing capability, see FOUR tabs when they click on a test...Info, Results, Preview, and Edit. Non-Editing teachers only see the first three of them.
Thanks for your reply Al. But I am admin and I see four tabs, but when I click on edit I can't actually edit any questions. All I can do is delete questions or add questions to the quiz. There are no reorder icons or edit icons.
If you look at the photo you will see that there is nothing under "Action".
Hi Ian - that looks very odd and I will try to replicate it on my 1.9. In the meantime...
- I made a quiz and got someone to do it - so I couldn't then edit the questions
2. So I deleted the attempt
3. I could then see options to edit the questions
4. And when I click the hand/pen icon in "Action" I get this message
So we need to see why you don't have anything under "Action"
This is really odd. I have a test that 16 people have taken.
- Just like Mary's number one, I have both the preview and edit toolbuttons in the Action column.
- WITHOUT deleting anything, I clicked the edit toolbutton and it opened the question in edit mode.
- I made a change to the question and then saved it. (Changed the spelling a word.)
- I then went to the results view and clicked on a students grade for that question.
- It opened in a preview/review window and was showing the change I had made to the question. Same for all the other students.
- I KNOW I have fixed questions like this even during the middle of a test.
My conclusion is there has to be a way for it to work for you too...just gotta figure out how and what needs changing. Since it might be pertinent...I am using Moodle 1.9.19 (Build: 20120706).
I suspect the reason Ian does not have icons in the Action column is because those questoins have been moved into a shared area of the question bank where he does not have edit permissions.