Databases: SQL Query help

Databases: SQL Query help

by Abdul E -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

Just need help in MS Access regarding an SQL Query. I need to write an SQL Query which displays a list of Students and their lecturers. If anybody knows how the SQL query for this issue.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Abdul E

Re: Databases: SQL Query help

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I am not sure that I can help, but your post caught my interest.  I am wondering if you are simply working in Access, or if you are using Access as a front end to mySQL?

I think that the form of the query will depend upon the structure of your Access databse, with its associated tables.

If you are working in Access exclusively, with existing tables, you could use the query building to "interactively" get your results, then have Access display its SQL code.

In reply to Rick Jerz

Re: Databases: SQL Query help

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Access uses its own subset of SQL and, in my experience, much of it does not easily translate to MySQL or other databases, MSSQL included, (unless they have changed Access radically in 2007 and 2010). Bes tto avoid Access altogether I suspect. THe MySQL help files are not always clear but they should contain sufficient information to be able to create such a querey.