Logic behind the missing of course end date?

Logic behind the missing of course end date?

by Nitin Agrawal -
Number of replies: 2

How to set a course between start date and end date?

In a new course page, only start date available and enrolment days fulfill purpose to accessible of course for no. of days after enrolling on it.

But actually I want to disable course to all students after its end date i.e. Students will be permitted to start at anytime.  But we would like to set a maximum time in which they are permitted complete the course.

So, what should I do?

I really don't understand the logic behind not including of course end date in new course create page.

Please suggest.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nitin Agrawal

Re: Logic behind the missing of course end date?

by Nitin Jain -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

what if you select weekly format as course format.. it would automatically set course end date...

thanks
Nitin
~~~~

In reply to Nitin Agrawal

Re: Logic behind the missing of course end date?

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

I'm not sure I've understood correctly - surely setting the enrollment limit for the course is the most appropriate way to do this if,as you say in your post, you want students to be able to start at any time?

If you set the course in weeks format, that would specify specific dates/weeks for each section and would give you a set date for the end of the course, as would having a course end date. This would mean that a student enrolling on a 4week course on the first day it is available would have the full 4 weeks - but a student enrolling 3 weeks later would only have 1 week to complete the entire course?

From what you have posted, do I understand that what you really need is a course duration? and as that would depend on when the student enrolls, isn't that precisely what the enrollment days gives you?

Apologies if I have misunderstood what you are asking.

Richard