What should I change?
sorry for no answer, I haven't noticed.
Too many posts from forums. I will have to switch to rss.
I have exactly the same problem. I have posted a bug report on this.
Has anyone actually managed to get this block working in 1.5?
- Can you give me a copy of the glossary you tried; maybe some information about what is entered in the database?
- Could one of you grant me access to your site so I could have a look at it?
- At some time there was a version with an empty directory db in it. Do you have that one installed?
(At first I left the directory like it was in the other blocks: with a directory but with an empty *.sql file, later on I discovered some blocks just came without a directory 'db' but it should definitely be ONE of them: or an empty *.sql file or no directory 'db' at all)
I've committed it to CVS. It should be there in a few hours. Could you please try again and see if it solves the problems? TIA.
Remains the problem about the empty db directory: it SHOULD be removed and you can safely do so in your own installation, but it seems I lack the authorization to remove the directory in the CVS repository....
Not yet. For some reason the block is not finding the entries in my glossary either. I have updated to the latest version and visited the admin page to upgrade.
- Can you give me the version number (displayed in the blocks section of the admin page)? Have you ever had an earlier version of this block installed?
- Can you send me the glossary (or part of it) which is not working?
- Which are the settings of the block you have tried?
- Do these settings retain their value when you revisit the block's configuration page?
- Do you mind if I have a look at your 1.5 site? (if it is online and if it is possible to get teacher's access?)
It also seems to work on test.moodle.com
Although I'm not Marc ;),
2. it's the quotes glossary from this page
4. I think so, I haven't checked it.
5. well, you could contact me to do this.
There was indeed a bug in this version. Problem is that it introduced wrong information in the database. Updating the block to a newer version will not solve the problem as the database record will still exist. To solve this:
- delete the block on the admin page
- replace the block code with the newer version
- visit the admin page so the block gets reinstalled
Just tested version $Id: block_glossary_random.php,v 1.12 2005/04/08 06:15:13 moodler Exp $
Still no luck, I still get the message "There are no entries yet in the chosen glossary."
Plus now when going back to the block to edit it I see it does not retain the Glossary choice in Take entries from this glossary:, which every time reverts to the Choose option.
Hope you will finally manage.
I'm curious to know is anyone on this list has actually managed to get this block working? Anyone listening?
All the best
(through admin page of blocks)
That would be nice. Could you send me an email? There is no email in your profile...
Random Glossary It works.
But shouldn't it be possible to use global glossaries from outside the course.
I can't do that. It's a pity.
P.S. If you still want to have a look I sent you login details
I've visited your page. it's great. I found so many useful things. Do you know PHP very well?
Actually I just glue together pieces of code I find. That's why it is so hard to find the bugs: I did not make the bugs myself!