View only the courses your inrolled in??

View only the courses your inrolled in??

by Sherrise George -
Number of replies: 1

Hey guys,

I'm new to Moodle and I need to make it so that students can only see the courses they are enrolled in..

For example:

Company A wants to enroll all there employees in a course.
When employees from Company A login to moodle, I don't want them to be able to see the other courses not applicable to their company or the users from company B and C.

Company B and C also enroll in courses, but I dont want company A, B or C to know that anyone but their company uses the courses I create. Each company has their own courses, custom made for their company..

I hope I said all that right.. I'm using Moodle 2.3.1

Can anyone please explain how to do what I'm asking?

Thanks in advance smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sherrise George

Re: View only the courses your inrolled in??

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

There are a few things you need to do here:

Firstly under Front Page settings, remove any listings of courses or categories from the Front Page for the not logged in area.  For logged in settings, just select the Courses option.  This will just show the courses they are enrolled in.  (Admin, by default, sees all courses so you will need to log in as someone else to see the effect)

Secondly under Appearance/Navigation uncheck the box for Show All Courses.

It seems like there is a setting somewhere to force login before the frontpage even loads.  This might be another option but I don't think it would be necessary if you set the first two settings right.