Help! Losing Gradebook Update Button

Help! Losing Gradebook Update Button

by Emma Richardson -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I have a very strange thing happening.  On the grader report, editing is on and quickedit is enabled.  

All looks fine until I enter a grade.  After clicking on the Update button, the page reloads and the Update button is then missing.  I can get it back by doing the following:

1. Locking any grade at all will return the Update button.

2. Going into Edit Grade and unchecking the Overridden button will return the Update button.

I have loaded a fresh copy of the grader/report/index.php from github but no change.  I have tried changing themes but no help there. I turned full debugging on and I am getting no error messages.  Not sure where to go next.

Would appreciate any help - any ideas, anyone who might be able to reproduce the issue...

In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Help! Losing Gradebook Update Button

by Debbie Unterseher -

Just figured that out yesterday.  Search for Ajax, and turn Ajax enabled off.  At least I think that's what took care of it for us!

Search results - Grader report

Enable AJAXgrade_report_enableajax
Default: No

Adds a layer of AJAX functionality to the grader report, simplifying and speeding up common operations. Depends on Javascript being switched on at the user's browser level.