Do you think Moodle can be successfully used to train election officers?

Do you think Moodle can be successfully used to train election officers?

by Marcin Cieślak -
Number of replies: 4

In the Moodle Jobs I have posted a link to a tender. Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe is looking for developers/integrators who can build an on-line training and recruitment software for election commissioners (election officers, a.k.a election judges) to be deployed in Ukraine.

Do you think Moodle can do it? Certainly there might be some integration required, but it might be interesting opportunity to those who are involved in building sophisticated solutions on top of Moodle.

//Marcin

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marcin Cieślak

Re: Do you think Moodle can be successfully used to train election officers?

by Terry Shane -

Hi Marcin,

It's not only doable, it's probably already mostly done - although I can't currently view the job posting while it's pending approval.

I'd be happy to discuss your requirements in more detail if you can send a detailed spec. We specialize in live instructor led online training platforms supported by Moodle and can deliver a fully customized solution with whatever integration you require.

Our system combines the latest Moodle release for the self-paced content with Adobe Connect for the live classroom components.

Drop me a line and we can get a discussion started. Terry

In reply to Marcin Cieślak

by Alexander Shlyk -

Dear Marcin,

I am sure Moodle can be an effective tool to train election officers.

As I am sure you know, OSCE/ODIHR has recently launched a Moodle-based course for the short-term observers that uses flash animation. It is free and available to anyone - www.stoelearning.org

Check it out and I will be happy to tell you more about it.

Cheers,

Alex

In reply to Alexander Shlyk

by Marcin Cieślak -
Hello Alex,

Yes, I think that ODIHR's example is encouraging. I'd like to find out more about lessons learned from the deployment.

//Marcin