Question of the day (concept)

Question of the day (concept)

by Jelle Boomstra -
Number of replies: 2
Hi Forum,

For some time i have been posting a 'question of the day' on my moodle site. I just lifted a question from the quiz module and posted that on a forum every day. The reception of that was very good, but the downside are that I have remember to do it every day, and student can answer the question on the forum, thereby spoiling it for other students (yes I could change the forum settings to remedy that). It would be nicer if I could schedule the questions once a week/forthnight/month, and student would be able to answer the question and get immediate feedback on it.

I suppose something like that could be made by extending the quiz module (is a 1 question quiz still a quiz?) with some bits from the forum mailer, and adding a possibility to schedule and administer these questions of the day.

Before I run of and start coding, what do other people think about such a feature. Is there an other way how I could make this work? Would you make use of such a feature?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jelle Boomstra

Re: Question of the day (concept)

by Ger Tielemans -
You could use the block random_quote, based on the glossary
In reply to Ger Tielemans

Re: Question of the day (concept)

by Jelle Boomstra -
Please explain? is there a block that lifts random quotes from the glossary? but how can you let students answer those?

(I am starting to think that it should be an extension to the quizz module. Add some info if and when the quiz should be mailed out, and allow the quiz scoring to be interrupted by a login and coming in without a proper session.
But right now my copy does not work at all, on many points...)