Journal (add-on)

asd
Feedback button missing..
Group DevelopersGroup Translators

Hi! 

I would like to know why is journal module is missing submit feedback button, when journal has groupmode as VISIBLE GROUPS?

Is there any reason why it is made that way? I think that teachers would like to give feedback also with VISIBLE GROUPS enabled.

Best,
Tõnis Tartes

Average of ratings: -
Picture of AL Rachels
Re: Feedback button missing..
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Hi Tõnis,

I just today started wondering the same thing and have figured it out. The person doing the grading has to be in the visible group. When they are, the Save All My Feedback button will be visible.

Hope this helps,

AL

Picture of David Monllaó
Group DevelopersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Hi,

I've seen that question many times, I'm maintaining the plugin since is in the CONTRIB project so I don't really know if it was already working like that or why is working like that, but in my opinion it does not make sense, and would be better if a course teacher can always provide feedback, without requiring him to be a group member.

My intention is not to change the plugin behaviour nor adding new features, and only adapt the code to the new Moodle major versions so I'll wait a couple of days in case someone has any argument against including this change in the next journal module release.

Thanks

Picture of David Monllaó
Group DevelopersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Changes pushed to the official github repository and new versions released

https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=mod_journal

Picture of AL Rachels
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Yeah!

Thanks for the fix. Like you, I think a teacher should be able to give feedback without having to be a group member.

AL