Interactive with Multiple Tries Problem

Re: Interactive with Multiple Tries Problem

by Nobuyuki Fujioka -
Number of replies: 0

Hi, Eoin

I am not going to cut and paste hints from Excel to XML one by one - that will be too time consuming and contrary to my objective. What I meant was that XML and HTML codes will be integrated into my excel file.  So, all I need is to select my custom short answer question type and question level in the excel file, then, the excel will produce a complete set of xml codes using the code templates and question numerical data.  I will simply then cut the complete codes for many questions along with interactive hints embedded in my excel file at one go and paste it to Notepad as XML.  In this way, a group of questions can be imported into Moodle as XML file at one go.  Very simple once it is set up.  I guess I could make the process all automatic with some macros, but I am not a programmer and don't have time for it.

I have many maths questions (numerical data) which already exist in Excel in particular layouts (addition, fraction style questions, missing number in algebra type questions,etc.).  So, custom layout for each question type by html (using tables) and link to the existing Excel data are required.  Therefore, using the MS Word is perhaps not the best solution for my purposes.

However, for generic question types, your word plugin will be probably very useful.  I will take a look at it.

Thanks,

Noby