Look-Up Tables in Moodle - for Book? | Moodle v2.3

Look-Up Tables in Moodle - for Book? | Moodle v2.3

by Francois Evans -
Number of replies: 2

Please could someone clever advise on this problem?...

We have a degree program handbook which we give to students at the start of their degree. In the past, this has been in paper form. It's always been a nightmare to collate, because in one document is contained information from different departments. Some information is generic to the university as a whole, some is specific to the handbook's degree program.

The beauty of the newly-integrated Moodle Book plugin, is that it can be printed in one go.

I'd like to have one book per degree programe course area in moodle, but for the text that users in University-generic courses type, to be viewable automatically down the line at the appropriate chapters in the separate books on degree programme courses.

Here is a diagram which shows what's needed:

Look Up Book

I know this is bread-and-butter for a relational database ...which Moodle is, but how does one do this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Francois Evans

Re: Look-Up Tables in Moodle - for Book? | Moodle v2.3

by Francois Evans -

The only workaround I can think of would be this, which rather defeats the objective. Chapters would have to be printed separately...

Separate Chapters 

In reply to Francois Evans

Re: Look-Up Tables in Moodle - for Book? | Moodle v2.3

by Francois Evans -

BTW In the end I solved this by making three books each in the right place at the site. One for 'University', one for 'Department' and one for 'Degree course'. The books: Part I, II & III, are interlinked, printable separately. Students understand the three parts go together. Chapter numbers start from '1' for each part.