Cannot insert JsxGraph layout in Tinymath editor!!!

Cannot insert JsxGraph layout in Tinymath editor!!!

by khaled baloul -
Number of replies: 3

Seeking help to fix why cannot insert JsxGraphs in TinyMath wondow.

Below is the Javascript console erros from Chrome browser:

I use Moodle 2.3.1.

Thanks in advance!

K. Baloul

Average of ratings: -
In reply to khaled baloul

Re: Cannot insert JsxGraph layout in Tinymath editor!!!

by Mauno Korpelainen -

Some files might be missing or could be in the wrong folder (or version).

The first error tells that the browser can't find file AS.php from the given path. Mpluga/b packages use this file to render AsciiSVG graphs (created with asciisvg plugin) in cases where setting of math filter is using local Mathjax extension for rendering asciimathml (this feature was added to MathJax 2). The second error is from some chrome-extension (videodownload.js) and it should have nothing to do with moodle or these plugins. Third error is the most important - it tells that file geonextreader.js can't set position of undefined and it most likely means that this particular version of file might have some bug...

Math filter gives 3 options to use JSXGraphs if you go to Site administration > Plugins > Filters > Manage filters and click Settings of Math filter

settings

Try to change this setting to another option (my guess is that you have it in option lib/jsxgraph/src) and if you are using jsxgraph with additional html try to check first the source code of mathstandard theme or stylist theme (in browser) first to see if there are some conflicting script tags (written twice with different paths)

I have not upgraded the files since the 1st of April and I have not tested them with moodle 2.3 so I should probably check the files with the latest versions of all libraries and moodle 2.3 first but it might help too if you could check if the latest files are in correct folders (if you had old files before downloding/unzipping your latest files), if you try to clear all caches and check if some server cache setting (like eaccelerator.enable = "1" in php.ini) is preventing upgrading of old php files and report back if changing the jsxgraph url in settings of math filter does not help...

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

Re: Cannot insert JsxGraph layout in Tinymath editor!!!

by khaled baloul -

Thanks Mauno for this useful help.

I switched to "Local loadjsxgraph.js in lib/jsxgraph/src" and it works now!

I changed the path to files AS.php, AM.php files.

K. Baloul