Webhosting

Webhosting

by Sean Tierney -
Number of replies: 3
I have seen various threads here previously about this topic - forgive me if there is another current one that I have missed.

I recently set up an account with Lycos (paid hosting rather than Tripod) . They provide the usual features including MySQL, PHP and a variety of content management systems.  I wanted to set up a moodle site on my space and emailed them to ask them for some help (mianly how to set up the config file).

They have responded by adding Moodle to their one click site set up. So you can now (if you have an account) set up an entire installation of moodle with one click! And it works - so far as I can tell so far - you are welcome to have a look at our site.
They also allow you to set up free subdomains, email etc. etc.

No doubt, there are the usual concerns about placing all your valuable content (and your domain name) in the posession of one commercial provider with whom you might well disagree in time but it might well suit some people.

(Unfortunately, no conflict of interest to declare here - just a satisfied customer).

Keep up the good - great - work with Moodle

Sean Tierney

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sean Tierney

Free? Webhosting

by Dennis Daniels -
That's cool! I'm thinking about making my students create a moodle course... does anyone know of a place where people can set up small but free Moodle course sites?

thanks!
Dennis
In reply to Dennis Daniels

Re: Free? Webhosting

by Suzie Kojiro -

May be you can have a look at OurWebClass.com. It has installed Moodle. You can create your course straightaway after create an account.

Good luck smile