Importing from 1.9 to 2.2

Importing from 1.9 to 2.2

Peggy Hinsman -
回帖数:7

I have a course in Moodle version 1.9 that I exported and imported into our new version of Moodle 2.2.  In the glossary the only thing that appears is the description at the top of the glossary page.  None of the terms/phrases or definitions appear.  Is there a solution to this so teachers don't have to rewrite all of their glossaries?

Thanks,

Peggy Hinsman

Eugene School District 4J

附件 Screen shot 2012-08-01 at 11.27.37 AM.png
回复Peggy Hinsman

Re: Importing from 1.9 to 2.2

Joseph Rézeau -
Core developers的头像 Particularly helpful Moodlers的头像 Plugin developers的头像 Testers的头像 Translators的头像

@Peggy,

This is a well-known bug feature of the Glossary activity. When you backup->restore a Glossary instance, you only backup->restore that glossary's settings, not its "contents". The words & definitions have to be exported separately and imported into the newly restored glossary.

Joseph

回复Joseph Rézeau

Peggy Hinsman -

Hi, Joseph:

I was able to export the glossary entries in Moodle version 1.9, but in version 2.2 I could not find any import or export links in the glossary.  If you have an idea of how to import the glossary entries in Moodle version 2.2, that would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Peggy Hinsman

Eugene School District 4J

回复Peggy Hinsman

Mary Cooch -
Documentation writers的头像 Moodle HQ的头像 Particularly helpful Moodlers的头像 Testers的头像 Translators的头像
回复Joseph Rézeau

Hélène Bouley -

it works quite well if you have no images inside the descriptions and no attachments. I'm looking for some tips and tricks to import all the stuff frim Moodle 1.9 to  Moodle 2.3.

Thanks in advance,

回复Hélène Bouley

Jean-Michel Védrine -
Hello Hélène, Unfortunately this is an open issue. Maybe you can vote for tracker issue MDL-28526 ? Maybe if it gets a lot of votes some developer will try to solve it ?