LDAP sync worked but no data displayed

LDAP sync worked but no data displayed

by Mike Sangray -
Number of replies: 5

I successfully ran the cli sync_users.php script and it looks like it imported users, but when I go to 'Browse list of users' they are all blank - no First name, Email, etc. I'm syncing with AD so I'm thinking that for the first sync I didn't have the Data Mapping correctly set (I do now). Re-running the sync doesn't update anything...so basically I've got 2000+ users imported with no information.

I was using ldaps, but I saw that it might not work for updates, so I set it back to just ldap.

Why isn't the script updating information?

This is a fresh install on a new system, so another option would be to delete/remove all users and try the sync again, but I don't know how to do that.

Mike

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Sangray

Re: LDAP sync worked but no data displayed

by Mike Sangray -

And now it appears that I'm locked out of my admin account. Does enabling LDAP affect manual logins? I'm pretty sure I left manual logins enabled and they are above LDAP in the list.

Mike

In reply to Mike Sangray

by Mike Sangray -

Got my login issue sorted out, still have all users with no information. Any help will be appreciated.

Mike

In reply to Mike Sangray

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

In the LDAP config, aren't there setting on the mapped fields which might also come into play when syncing?

"Update local: If enabled, the field will be updated (from external auth) every time the user logs in or there is a user synchronization. Fields set to update locally should be locked.

Lock value: If enabled, will prevent Moodle users and admins from editing the field directly. Use this option if you are maintaining this data in the external auth system."

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Mike Sangray -

Okay, so Update local doesn't have an enable/disable option or checkbox, so it needs to be set to On every login for a sync to update the values. This is a little confusing, but it works.

Thanks, Mike

In reply to Mike Sangray

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Welcome.  'Confusing' is the order of the day, isn't it?  As long as it works!  That's all that matters ... right? ;)

'spirit of sharing', Ken