How can I create a repository that fulfilles the following needs:
- all teachers from one department can access the files through the file picker
- all teachers can read and write to this repository
- the repository is not connected to one user and user password
DropBox won't work because the users would access an individuals dropbox account. File system doesn't work because the teachers can't upload files directly to moodledata/repositories/xx. Google Docs is also linked to one individuals account. WebDav may work but it means setting up WebDav on my apache server.
We have resolved this through our custom google repo whereby we:
- create a course for the department
- the repo creates a google user for the course (department)
- teachers in the department are enrolled in the department course
- the repo maintains permissions to any files and folders shared or added to that course's (department's) Google docs (drive).