Looking for ideas where we can reach Instructional Content Creators

Looking for ideas where we can reach Instructional Content Creators

by Mark Landis -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

There does not seem to be a forum specifially on this topic so after looking through all of them, I thought this forum would be the best to help on this issue.

We have created an innovative education community where instruction content (course creators) can become a Moodle Module creator and be paid for their efforts. 

We have developed a framework for creating online courses for students in a blended and virtual high school environment, but I was wondering if anyone had ideas for reaching Moodle Instructional Course Creators or just good Instructional Content creators.  

We are giving lots of support to content creators that are not familar with moodle, so we don't expect the creators to know moodle just be willing to learn.

I have posted the info on Moodle jobs already and we have had a good response, but unfortunately I think some people look at moodle jobs as more for IT support personel or for programmers that write actual plug-modules for moodle.

In our case, we are looking for people who are Instructional Content Creators so I would appreciate any ideas people have of other places we can reach out to this type of person so they learn how great moodle is at delivering instruction.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

Here is a link to our site  http://modules.ferndaleschools.org, in case I did not describe it well enough and you want to learn more about it yourself. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Landis

Re: Looking for ideas where we can reach Instructional Content Creators

by Adi Tedjasaputra -

If you are based in US, the closest options are going through associations and SIGS, such as:

Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT) - http://www.aect.org

STC's Instructional Design and Learning SIG - http://www.stcidlsig.org

By the way, there are many people out there who have good understanding of both Moodle and Instructional Design, so posting in Moodle jobs is a good idea as most instructional designers with Moodle skills or Moodlers with instructional design skills are lurking. You may just need to make your job ad and offer more inclusive and attractive wink

In reply to Mark Landis

Re: Looking for ideas where we can reach Instructional Content Creators

by Lesli Smith -

Hi, Mark.

Posting here was a pretty good idea, too.  Most teachers who are still teaching do this type of work in the summer and don't look, necessarily, at job boards for it.  I didn't get your post in my email digest until today, but I'm sure several others got it now, too.

I'm a member of a couple of K-12 Moodle user Google groups.  I'll post a heads up back to this forum in both.  Also, you've really got my attention as I'm seeing some pretty exciting developments happening in several states employing CCSS.  I'll try to be on the call today, but if not today, definitely this week.

Best,

Lesli