What happened to $CFG->grade_report_showuseridnumber

What happened to $CFG->grade_report_showuseridnumber

Rex Lorenzo - દ્વારા
Number of replies: 2

In M19 there used to be a admin config setting called 'grade_report_showuseridnumber' that, if turned on, enabled the display of the idnumber column in the quiz grading result and the grader report.

However, in M2 that configuration option is gone from it's old location of Grades > Report settings > Grader report and I cannot find any setting mentioning idnumber.

Looking through the code I do see a capability called "quiz/grading:viewidnumber", but I have enabled that and the instructor role still doesn't see the idnumber field in either the grade or quiz result reports. I am able to get the idnumber from the grade export.

What happened to 'grade_report_showuseridnumber'? What is the new way to get the idnumber to display for these reports?

In reply to Rex Lorenzo

Re: What happened to $CFG->grade_report_showuseridnumber

Rex Lorenzo - દ્વારા

Solved my own question.

In M2 there is now a new setting in Permissions > User policies called 'showuseridentity'. Just select the ID number there and the grading reports now show the ID number as a column.

But now I have no idea what "quiz/grading:viewidnumber" is suppose to do now.

In reply to Rex Lorenzo

Re: What happened to $CFG->grade_report_showuseridnumber

Tim Hunt - દ્વારા
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

quiz/grading:viewidnumber is specifically about the manual grading interface. There is another one quiz/grading:viewname.

The piont of these capabilities is that you can use them to set up anonymous grading. Just remove those capabilites from teachers, and they will not see whose work they are grading.