Where did 2012062501.04 go?

Where did 2012062501.04 go?

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 4
Core developers колдонуучунун сүрөтү Particularly helpful Moodlers колдонуучунун сүрөтү Plugin developers колдонуучунун сүрөтү

Hi,

Whilst doing some changes and needing to require a weekly release it appears that 2.3.1 version 2012062501.04 has been lost in the mists of Moodle that was MDL-27083.  Please see attached pic.

Just a curiosity, cheers,

Gareth

Attachment what.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Where did 2012062501.04 go?

by Dan Poltawski -
Hi Gareth,

2012062501.04 was the version number used for the quiz issue you mentioned. It hasn't gone anywhere, it was stepped through on the upgrade.

Note that if we do multiple upgrade steps we need to increment the version number for each step. Perhaps you expect there to be only one version number increment each week because that is what normally happens, but this is not a rule - if there are multiple steps to be done then the version number increments for each one. In the case of the version number 04 vs 05, there wasn't difference in upgrade steps other than 05 indicating the 'final weekly release'.

Dan
Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Poltawski

by Gareth J Barnard -
Core developers колдонуучунун сүрөтү Particularly helpful Moodlers колдонуучунун сүрөтү Plugin developers колдонуучунун сүрөтү

Dear Dan,

Thank you smile - Expectation is the mother of disapointment ;)

I did have a look at http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Moodle_versions but perhaps possibily this is not clear?

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Dan Poltawski -
Its quite difficult for me to know what needs to be there (because i'm too familiar with it). Perhaps if you ask me a question if I can answer there it'll help me fit something in?

cheers,
dan
In reply to Dan Poltawski

by Gareth J Barnard -

Dear Dan,

Thank you for your reply.  I think it is a matter of the page not explaining with an example the trailing part of the number, i.e. the '01.04' bit in this example and what it means.

Cheers,

Gareth