Multiple feedback files for offline activity

Re: Multiple feedback files for offline activity

by Saburo Higuchi -
Number of replies: 6

I agree with David in that multiple feedback files for offline activity can be very useful. For example, one could upload scanned assignments submitted by students in paper and then annotated by teachers with ink.

It is true that the option "Upload multiple feedback files in a zip" appears in the "Grading action" selection box even if the "File submission" box is not ticked in the Submission types setting.

I do not, however, see how the feedback files should be named.  The help says that "Feedback files will be assigned to students based on the the participant id which should be the second part of each filename immediately after the users full name." But it seems impossible to identify "participant id" without "Downloading all submissions" in the first place.

I am on Moodle 2.6.2.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Saburo Higuchi

by Ulrike Albers -

Hello,

I was thinking about the same thing... too tricks occur to me :

• For offline evaluation, you can download a formular where you can see the participant id. So one might create an extra Offline evaluation, just to get those
  • One could ask students to upload an empty file each (or better, upload the model you are using for evaluation), then you just download them in a zip and use them for your evaluation

But until now (Moddle 1.5), I havn't been able to upload a zip that was accepted by Moodle to an Offline assessment - il always tell me "No changes" and after upload, won't let me go any further - maybe I'm doing something wrong...

In reply to Ulrike Albers

by Ulrike Albers -

Hello again,

I've just discovered this discussion - but maybe it just doesn't work with Offline assignment (because there AREN'T actually any changes).

by Saburo Higuchi -

Hi Ulrike,

Thank you for pointing an informative discussion. There seems to be something strange in the multiple feedback uploading.

As for your two tricks, I am afraid that the first one does not work because the participant id and the user id are different: the former depends both on users and assignments while the latter is unique system wide.

by Ulrike Albers -

Hello,

Are you sure it's the user id that appears on the csv file? I see "Participant127" for Student1, and when I click on his profile, the ID appearing in the URL is different from 127.

by Saburo Higuchi -

Hi,

You are right. The first column of the CSV file is titled "ID" and has a value like  "Participant127", where 127 is the participant ID that appears in the filenames of the zipped submitted files.  So we can know the participant ID's via the offline grading worksheet. We are supposed to download it every time we create an assignment because the participant ID depends on assignments.

I am on Moodle 2.6.3.

Ulrike, thank you very much for correcting my misunderstandings!

by maureen smith -

Hi,

Did you get this to work? I would also like to upload feedback files, but will not have student files to download. Did you figure out the naming code so moodle will accept feedback files?